Changing The Way You Look At Food With The Chef’s Daughter – Joanne Mosconi
Hi everyone! It’s time to show you that you can have fun with your food and still achieve amazing results.
It’s a very special day for me and you because today we get to know one of my best friends, the amazing Joanne Mosconi.
We are here today to learn more about her genius, especially when it comes to health, nutrition, and mindset. In this episode, Joanne shares some of the things she believes in and practices through her own journey to living a happier and healthier life.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Joanne’s journey to becoming a chef, author, and entrepreneur.
- Daughter of the legendary chef of Greenwich Village, Pietro Mosconi, Joanne grew up in the restaurant business, always surrounded by food from a very young age. Now, she teaches others how to eat and love food
- Find a new way to enjoy your food. Eat communally and have the table be the centerpiece.
- Stop thinking of a “diet” as something that will fix you. Instead, listen to what your body needs and let it guide you.
- Don’t eat until you’re full, eat until you’re done.
- Eat everything in moderation. Depriving and starving yourself of the foods you enjoy will never serve you.
- Joanne shares the story of how her father’s humble beginnings inspired her to write her book.
- Tips, tricks, and ideas to improve your lifestyle by elevating your meal times.
- One of life’s greatest pleasures is food. It’s an experience. You can choose to make your food lovely every day of the week.
- Always have a plan. Find a few things that you love cooking and prepare them throughout the week.
- Keep your things organized. Clean out your fridge just the way you would clean out your closet. Having a well-organized kitchen will make it easier to know what ingredients to use.
- You don’t need more than five ingredients to make a quality dressing. Olive oil, good quality sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and lemon go a long way.
- All about Mediterranean food and lifestyle.
- Mindless eating is often a cause of depression, so always be mindful of how you eat.
- You don’t have to have money to enjoy this kind of lifestyle. You just need to have an absolute desire and appreciation for the simplicity of life.
- Don’t be afraid to invite people to your dinner table because it makes the night more special and levels up your game.
- We feed ourselves not just with food but also by the people we talk with.
- Mindfulness is easy, but taking the steps to do it requires a really good friend to be interested and ask you to share your ideas.
- Fitness should always be part of your life, but it doesn’t have to look the same way every single day. You don’t have to go to the gym every day and you don’t have to spend an hour on your workout routine. Just get it done!
- Finding your IT Factor all comes down to your WHY. Know who you are and accept yourself for who you are.
- Be unapologetically YOU. Have the willingness to go grand. Allow yourself to dive in and find people who are going to thrust you forward.
- Life is a stage. Focus on what you want and dress the part.