Alli Webb – What a Journey – from stay-at-home mom to global entrepreneur
Hello everyone! Welcome to the itsEmily Show. I am here today with an amazing woman who’s absolutely changing the business world.
Alli Webb is the Co-Founder of Drybar, Squeeze, and Becket + Quill. She’s a bestselling author and President of Canopy. After spending 15 years as a professional hair stylist, Alli left the hair industry in 2005 to start a family, but after being a stay-at-home mom for 5 years, she decided to find a way to continue pursuing the creative side of hairstyling. She began offering affordable in-home blowout services to her mommy friends, which quickly expanded into a mobile operation by 2009. In 2010, she opened the first Drybar in Brentwood, CA, and 10 years later has exploded into over 150+ locations across the US and became a nationally recognized and highly sought-after brand.
In this episode, Ali relives her journey from being a stay-at-home mom to a leading, global entrepreneur and investor. We dive into how she built a top-down culture of excellence amongst her team – — leadership tips and best practices she uses to this day. You’ll also hear some real and raw anecdotes about her most vulnerable moments that have helped her become the woman she is today.
Also in this episode:
- How to brand yourself as a low-cost provider and still grow your business.
- Tips for training and motivating your staff.
- What makes Drybar different from its competitors.
- Why you need to surround yourself with people who are better than you.
- How to let go of control and have your team take over.
- How Alli rebuilt her life after a painful divorce.
- Alli’s new and exciting business ventures.
Links and Resources:
- Book – The Drybar Guide to Good Hair for All: How to Get the Perfect Blowout at Home by Alli Webb