Foodie Friday: Coconut Shrimp
Today we are making Paleo Coconut Shrimp. These bad boys are perfect as an appetizer or they pair well with a side salad as a main dish. They are super simple to make and only take a few ingredients!
What you need:
- One pound of shrimp (I used jumbo, deveined, and uncooked)
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flour
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- In a shallow bowl – whisk together the 3 eggs
- Pour the coconut flour into a bowl
- Finally, put the coconut flakes onto a plate.
- Wash your shrimp and pat dry (peel if needed, mine came pre-peeled.)
- Dip the shrimp first into the flour.
- Then dip into the egg
- Lastly, dip into the coconut flakes.
- Lay on a plate and repeat with all the shrimp.
Air Fryer Version:
Bake in the air fryer at 365F for 7 mins each side. I broke mine up into two batches so it took around 28 mins total. (the time may vary depending on how crispy you want your shrimp.) Serve with sauce of your choice. I used Miso Mayo but these also pair well with Frank’s Buffalo sauce or cocktail sauce.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and bake for 7-8 minutes then flip and bake the other side for 7-8 mins.
You want your shrimp to be pink and fluffy.
If you try out this recipe make sure to tag me on instagram (@itsemily)!
You can watch the full video here: