Delicious Anti-Aging, Detoxifying GREEN SOUP By The Chef’s Daughter – Joanne Mosconi
This is the ultimate revive and thrive in a bowl.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, top removed and white stalk finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped- including the stems (fronds reserved)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 head butter lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Clean the leek very well after you cut the dark green leaves from the top. I always find a lot of dirt on my leeks.
- Also, you do not have to follow this recipe exactly. If you do not have one of the vegetables, substitute it with another green like broccoli, asparagus, spinach, or kale. The point is to make it green!
PREPARATION AND COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
- In a large soup pot, heat up the olive oil and sauté the leeks onions and shallots until translucent.
- Add the celery, fennel and zucchini and cook until softened.
- Drop in the peas, butter lettuce and fennel seeds.
- Fill the pot with the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from heat to blend. I like using an immersion blender. Blend until creamy. If you think your soup is too thick, you can always add a little more broth or even some water to thin it out. I usually add a little drizzle of olive oil on top before I am ready to serve it, but like the recipe above, if butter is your jam, throw a drop of butter and swirl into the soup for an extra bit of yum. Add any additional seasoning if needed and serve.
- Sprinkle the reserved fennel seeds on top and serve.
- This soup tastes even better the next day. Enjoy!
For more great recipes follow: https://www.instagram.com/thechefsdaughternyc/